If you don’t get a response from the interview, you generally consider follow-up emails. And, there is nothing wrong with it. Follow up one more time. Most people don’t ignore you on purpose. Maybe they are genuinely busy and your email may have slipped from their mind. As long as you are not pushy, follow-up emails are a great idea. Be gracious and polite, and this will show your interest and goodwill. Here are some of the follow-up email tips that you should consider.
- A follow-up email is a great place to mention or elaborate on something that you may have forgotten during the interview.
- Another important follow-up email tip is to send the email within 24 hours.
- Moreover, you should start with the name of the person who interviewed you.
- The next follow-up email tip is to be concise.
- Furthermore, close your letter with your information and contacts. Include your email and phone number.
- Along with it don’t forget to proofread your email.
- Besides thanking them, prepare yourself to talk about salary expectations.
Interview Follow-up Email Examples:
The follow-up email examples will help you get through your struggle of writing one. Here are some of the follow-up email tips and the guide to when to send it.
Short Interview thankyou Email Example:
Short follow-up email tips are best after a phone interview. Be concise, clear, and thank them for their precious time.
Long Interview Thankyou Email:
In this long version, you have the opportunity to elaborate more. Moreover, talk about your skills in detail. This follow-up email example is appropriate after an in-person long interview.
If you haven’t heard back from the employer, you can opt for a checking-in email. Ideally, sent this one to the recruiter. But, wait for at least two weeks after the interview. Keep it concise. One paragraph is ideal.
Staying in Touch Email:
Send this email to the hiring manager. Evidently, the goal of this email is to establish a professional relationship with a person who can help you grow.
Follow-up email examples will help you choose the right one for yourself. Once you choose which one you are going with, make sure to follow all the follow-up email tips. Follow-up emails help reinforce your position in the company. And, a good follow up email is going to do this work for you.