How to back up your PlayStation®4 data
To back up data you need a FAT32 or exFAT-formatted external storage device with at least double the storage space the PS4™ hard drive has. If you don’t have enough space to back up everything on your device, you can choose not to back up application data.
- It’s important to sync your Trophies first because they are not included in the backup data. Go to Trophies, press the OPTIONS button, and select the Sync Trophies With PSN.
2. Insert the external storage device you’d like to use for the backup into one of the PS4™ USB ports.
3. Go to Settings > System > Back Up and Restore.
4. Select Back Up.
5. Confirm which data you’d like to back up. It is important to back up saved data to avoid losing any game progress during the hard drive replacement.
6. A progress bar will show the current status of the backup. You can cancel it at any time.
7. On the next screen, you can customize the name of the backup. When done, highlight Back Up and press the X button.
8. Remove the external storage device from the PS4™ system.
How to restore your PlayStation®4 data
1. Go to Settings > System > Back Up and Restore.
2. Insert the external storage device that contains the backup into one of the PS4™ USB ports.
3. Select Restore PS4.
4. Select the backup file you’d like to restore.
5. You’ll see a screen that tells you the system will restart and initialize whether or not the backup process is completed. Select Yes to continue.
Your PS4 data is now successfully restored on your system.
How To Backup Your PS4 Data? READ ABOVE