Announced in February this year, the Xperia 1 II will be awarded a new, more powerful variant in Taiwan. Sony’s cell phone is expected to arrive in green (Mirror Lake Green) in the Asian country next October 20th.
The highlight of this new version is the presence of 12 GB of RAM. Until then, the other editions presented in the country – in black and purple – had 8 GB. See the promotional image below:
The other settings follow the same. The smartphone comes equipped with a 6.5-inch OLED screen, Snapdragon 865 chipset – compatible with 5G – and 256 GB of internal storage.
To capture photos, the device has four rear cameras of 12 MP + 12 MP (ultrawide) + 12 MP (telephoto) + ToF 3D, in addition to a front sensor of 8 MP. The main specifications complete the 4,000 mAh battery and the IP68 certification, with resistance to dust and water.
Pricing and availability
So far, it has not been disclosed what the price of the new version of Xperia 1 II will be, but it is expected to be more expensive than conventional editions, due to the increase in RAM.
In addition, there is also no information on the availability of the new variant in other countries. It is worth remembering that a similar one with 12 GB was launched in Japan, but with a different shade of black.
What did you think of the new color of Sony’s top-of-the-line device? Leave your opinion for us in the comments below.
- 6.5 inch notch OLED screen with 4K resolution
- 21: 9 aspect ratio panel, support for HDR and Motion Blur Reduction “90 Hz equivalent”
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 chipset
- Snapdragon X55 modem to support sub-6 5G network
- 8 GB of RAM
- 256 GB of internal storage
- 8 MP front camera
- Four rear cameras with ZEISS lenses and Cinematography Pro feature
- 12 MP main sensor with OIS
- 12 MP sensor with wide-angle lens
- 12 MP sensor with telephoto lens and OIS
- 3D ToF sensor for depth of field data
- 4,000 mAh battery with wireless charging
- IP68 protection against water and dust
- Black, white and purple colors
- 3.5mm headphone jack