After a long hiatus when it comes to launch, the Indian Micromax officially returned to the smartphone market in the domestic territory with the presentation of two new intermediary devices: the Micromax IN Note 1 and IN 1B, focusing on cost-benefit.
Visually different, the devices are also differentiated by the embedded set, which means that we have devices with different chipsets from the MediaTek Helio G line (allegedly for games) and a 5,000 mAh battery, thus guaranteeing to meet profiles ranging from basic to premium intermediary .
Micromax IN 1B
Starting with the most basic of those presented, we have the arrival of the Micromax IN 1B, a device that visually bets on bringing a 6.5 + “HD + screen with drop-shaped notch and 20: 9 aspect ratio and at the rear, a set of dual cameras in a wide frame aligned in the upper left corner of the device.
Speaking in particular of the embedded photographic set, we have that it has an 8MP sensor in the front and a combo in the rear where the main offers 13MP and a secondary of 2MP, possibly for the depth mode.
When we talk about embedded hardware, we have that this device bets on combining the MediaTek Helio G35 chipset with 2 possible RAM combos and internal storage (2 / 32GB or 4 / 64GB), thus giving the user the possibility to choose between a more account or with a set that basically offers double the space and RAM.
Not least, this device offers an energy capacity of 5,000 mAh, compatible with 10W fast charging and reverse charging, which means that it can also act as a powerbank for other devices.
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio G35
- Processor: Octa-core up to 2.3GHz
- GPU: IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU
- RAM and internal storage: 2 / 32GB or 4 / 64GB
- External storage: via microSD card (maximum capacity not disclosed)
- Screen: 6.52 “IPS LCD HD + with drop-shaped notch and 20: 9 aspect ratio
- Front camera: 8MP
- Rear camera: 13MP + 2MP
- Battery: 5,000 mAh with 10W fast charging and reverse charging support
- Operating system: Android 10
Micromax IN Note 1
Dedicating now more attention to the most advanced of the round, we have the arrival of Micromax IN Note 1, a device that bets on bringing the MediaTek Helio G85 chipset, combined with 4GB of RAM and the possibility of storage that can be 64GB or 128GB, a space that can be enhanced with a microSD card.
Visually, the device is also more refined, bringing a 6.67 “IPS LCD Full HD + screen with a 21: 9 aspect ratio and a 16MP front camera hole and at the rear, a quadruple combo that consists of a 48MP main sense, an ultrawide 5MP secondary with 115º and two others with 2MP each for macro and depth.
As well as the simplest device, the Micromax IN Note 1 also offers a battery with a capacity of 5,000 mAh, in which case 18W fast charging is supported instead of the simpler brother’s 10W limit.
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio G85
- Processor: Octa-core up to 2.0GHz
- GPU: ARM Mali G52 MC2
- RAM: 4GB
- Storage: 64GB or 128GB + microSD card (maximum capacity not disclosed)
- Screen: 6.67 “IPS LCD Full HD + with 21: 9 aspect ratio, 450nits and centralized hole
- Front camera: 16MP
- Rear camera: 48MP + 5MP ultra-wide + 2MP macro + 2MP depth
- Battery: 5,000 mAh with 18W fast charging and reverse charging support
- Operating system: Android 10
Price and availability
Announced today, the Micromax IN Note 1 and IN 1B will be sold exclusively by Flipkart on November 24 and 26, respectively, at the following official prices:
- Micromax IN 1B (2 / 32GB): ₹ 6999 (~ R $ 539)
- Micromax IN 1B (4 / 64GB): ₹ 7999 (~ R $ 616)
- Micromax IN Note 1: ₹ 10999 (~ R $ 848)