Meethe Gulgule: On the day of Ahoi Ashtami, dumplings are offered as offerings in worship. Dumplings are very easy to make, they are also called sweet poo. It is a popular dish of western Uttar Pradesh. So let us know how to make soft soft Phule Phool jaggery dumplings on Ahoi Ashtami.
-2 1/2 cups flour
-1 1/4 cup jaggery
-1 tbsp fennel seeds
-3 tbsp ghee
-1/2 tsp baking soda
1. Add jaggery to the hot water and stir it till it dissolves completely.
2. In another bowl add flour, ghee, salt and baking powder.
3. Now add jaggery water to the prepared mixture and prepare a batter.
4. Add fennel to it.
5. Heat oil in a pan and pour equal amount of batter with a tablespoon, keep the flame high.
6. Turn down the heat and cook the dumpling on medium heat.
7. Remove the burnt pieces with a spoon containing a spoon.
8. Then turn the heat on high and add batter in it so that all the dumplings will not stick to each other.
9. Reduce the flame and cook, flip the dumplings once or twice so that they turn brown.
10. Make dumplings in the same manner from the sold batter.